Dr. John Kanca, III
Dr. Kanca is our trusted and experienced dentist at Middlebury Smiles. His passion is providing General, Family, Cosmetic and Pediatric Dentistry that surpasses other dental practices in the area and provides healthy, beautiful smiles.
Dr. Kanca completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Connecticut and continued on to receive his DMD at the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine. He is a founding member and was the 4th President of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and is also a member of the American Dental Association as well as the Connecticut State Dental Association. He has been awarded Fellowships with the following academies:
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Academy of Dental Materials
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry
Dr. Kanca has also been awarded the following:
- Lecture Recognition Award from the Chicago Dental Association
- William Gies Award from the First District Dental Association of New York
- Alfred Knab Award from the Academy of General Dentistry
- Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Larry Pearson Award from the Connecticut State Dental Association
He is married to his wonderful wife, Janet Kanca, and together they have three grown children, John Kanca IV, Jeffrey Scott Kanca, and Jaimie Lynn Kanca. The Kanca family also includes two dogs- a Maltese name Riley (technically Riley is Jaimie’s dog) and a Sheltie named Lacey. Dr. Kanca enjoys golf, skiing, writing, spending time with family and is a member of the Knights of Columbus.