Dental Implant Restorations in Middlebury, CT
Our smiles are an important part of our everyday life. It is the first thing that others notice about us and can, therefore, be the physical feature that others use to make judgments about us. When we are missing teeth, this can have a negative impact on the way others view us. It can also have a negative impact on our mental health and physical health. This is why replacing a missing tooth is crucial for our general well being. At Middlebury Smiles, we offer the ultimate way to replace a missing tooth. Dr. Kanca and his staff offer restorations for dental implants in Middlebury, CT.
Implant dentistry refers to the process of placing a titanium, screw-shaped implant into the jawbone. This implant takes the place of the original, natural tooth root. Because the implant osseointegrates, or fuses, with the bone, it is permanent and will not slide around like dentures or partials. This is what sets this procedure above all other tooth replacement options.
Dental Implant Restorations
At our office, Dr. Kanca specializes in creating dental implant restorations in Middlebury, CT. A “restoration” is simply the artificial tooth, or crown, that is attached to the tip of the implant. It is important for this crown to be as aesthetically pleasing as it is functional. A weak crown that is beautiful will cause a patient pain and more money in the long run. On the other hand, a strong crown that does not match the surrounding teeth perfectly will create an uneven, distracting smile of which the patient is embarrassed.
Dr. Kanca offers beautiful and natural-looking dental implant crowns that are strong and resilient. He takes the time to match the crown with the exact shade and shape of the surrounding teeth. When the customized crown is returned from our laboratory, Dr. Kanca ensures that the crown is perfect and strong and then creates a strong and durable attachment that is long lasting. Once the restoration is placed, the patient can enjoy a beautifully restored smile for life.
Benefits of Implant Dentistry
Dentists worldwide regard dental implants as the ideal tooth replacement procedure. Here are some reasons why the process is better than other options:
- They are permanent– implants fuse with the natural bone and, therefore, last for a lifetime
- They stimulate jawbone growth- the titanium, replacement root stimulates the growth of the jaw bone and prevents the facial structure from losing its shape over time
- They are durable– patients with implants do not have to worry about dentures or partials that slip when they talk or eat, this procedure is as stable and reliable as a natural tooth
- They restore the strength of your bite– dentures, partials and even bridges severely weaken the strength of your bite because they rest on top of the gum line and offer no leverage for the jaw
- They protect healthy, surrounding teeth– unlike bridges or partials, which are stabilized by other healthy teeth, the process of placing an implant does not require harming the natural teeth
Caring For Your Dental Implant Restoration
Implants are meant to last an entire lifetime. However, they still require special care. Here are some tips on how to take care of your new smile:
- Keep regular dental appointments
Even though cavities cannot form on a dental implant, it is still important to have the gums and areas surrounding the implant cleaned. This prevents decay in surrounding teeth and gum disease.
- Do not smoke during the healing process
The dental implant process requires multiple surgeries and lengthy healing times. During this time, smoking or the use of tobacco will severely decrease the chance that the implant site will heal properly or at all. Smoking increases the chance of a failed implant and can increase your chance of gum disease.
- Maintain healthy oral hygiene habits
Brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing at least once will also ensure that your implant lasts a lifetime. This will help prevent tooth decay in surrounding teeth or periodontal disease that can ultimately cause complications with your dental implant.
If you are suffering from a missing tooth and are looking for a permanent tooth replacement solution in Middlebury, CT, visit Dr. Kanca for a beautiful dental implant restoration. For more information on this process or to schedule your appointment, visit our office or call us today at (203) 758-8059. We offer quality, long-lasting restorative procedures for the whole family at our office. Trust Middlebury Smiles with your oral health.